Monday, December 07, 2009

Can YOU make any sense of this??

In the evenings, Poopypants & I often watch "JEOPARDY!" and we frequently keep score (for the record, I almost always win). :)

The other night, "JEOPARDY!" came on, and I reached over and opened the bedside table and grabbed a notebook in which we could track our correct responses.

I opened the notebook, flipping past previous evenings' "JEOPARDY!" scores, looking for a blank page, when I noticed on one of the pages, a list of some kind.

It was obvious I had composed the list, it was clearly in my writing, but I had/have zero recollection of the list--none whatesoever!

Even more alarming: The list makes absolutely NO SENSE!

I have to assume I wrote the list in my sleep...though "making lists in my sleep" has never been one of my habits...but what the heck was going through my mind?!!

Can you find a commonality or bond of any kind that links these wholly disparate items together? If so, please, pleeeeeeeeease enlighten me!!

(Note: Punctuation is as it appears in the original list)

Robert
Danny Devito
back hoe driver
17
Samurai's Love
slide
toe
drive
apple
Beverly Hills Ninja
Dodge Charger
Billy
Denzel W.
Reservoir Dogs
stinky
trip
earlobes & bones
Johnny Dangerously

-----------------------------

I gotta tell ya, I cannot fathom a single circumstance where I would ever have a need to reference "Beverly Hills Ninja".

This is inexplicable.

2 comments:

Mellykat said...

Looks to me like you received one of those email quizzes and you had to have an answer for each category...



Man's Name: Robert
Actor: Danny Devito
Occupation: back hoe driver
2-digit number: 17
Asian Movie: Samurai's Love
Playground equipment: slide
Body Part: toe
Something you like to do: drive
Something to Eat: apple
The most cheesy movie you can think of really quickly: Beverly Hills Ninja
Decently-hot North American-made vehicle: Dodge Charger
Boy's Name: Billy
Actor: Denzel W.
Quentin Tarantino movie: Reservoir Dogs
Adjective: stinky
Something you'd like to take: trip
2 body parts: earlobes & bones
Michael Keaton Movie: Johnny Dangerously

I hope this helps,
M :)

Joe Stevens said...

Excellent stuff. I somehow ran across your blog, looking for a picture of Lloyd Dobler. ... Yeah. Kate Gosselin's hair. WTF? ... And I've marked my calendar for national elevator/escalator safety awareness week. It's in the summer. I will scold anyone wearing flip-flops on an escalator.