Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday, Monday...

I don't feel like writing anything today.

Apparently, I didn't feel like writing anything on Friday, Saturday or Sunday either.

That's not entirely true...but on Friday, at work, I was incredibly busy (actually working) and Friday night I was otherwise occupied, thoroughly enjoying the spectacle of the Raptors embarrassing the New Jersey Nets on the television.

Saturday, this cold I've been fighting rendered me grumpy and unable to perform any task more strenuous than watching movies and snacking.

Yesterday was a full day...it started out great..it was beautfiul outside, so we walked up to Bloor street for brunch at The Dark Horse. My brunch could have been better...I ordered my omelette with salad on the side, instead of the homefries, and I ordered dry toast (no butter). Naturally, my toast came buttered and my omelette arrived sans salad.

The waitress quickly replaced my toast and assured me my salad was coming, as she had accidentally ordered the potatoes with my meal instead of the salad.

Turns out, I didn't get my salad until I was finished eating everything else (good thing I didn't wait!).

Then, when handing us the bill she said, "We didn't charge you for the salad."

Um, yeah, I should hope not..considering it was your error and I didn't get it until I was actually finished eating...how magnanimous...

We left The Dark Horse and grabbed a couple of coffees from Second Cup. Since it was Sunday (and I got paid last week), I splurged on a "Pumpkin Spice Latte" as described by Brian as "Pretty fucking delicious." It really is, I highly recommend it, if you're into such things.

Then we walked home and I did a bit of cleaning before we headed down to the Air Canada Centre for the highly anticipated match-up between the Raptors and the Boston Celtics.

The game was painful and I don't want to talk about it. In fact, I posted a sign on my cubicle wall this morning warning people that I do NOT want to talk about the game and I'd appreciate their cooperation (Signed: Management).

So let's just say, we went to the game, we had phenomenal seats (thanks to my perpetually generous boss) and then we went out for dinner afterwards.

Oh, and, I saw Doug Smith outside during half-time! (For those of you who don't know, Doug covers basketball for the Toronto Star..I just love him..he's hysterically funny & sarcastic, has great basketball knowledge and is actually unbiased in his reporting--unlike a lot of sports writers--which I greatly appreciate).

Unfortunately, I was too shy to say hello. Maybe next time...

I'll never be an effective stalker if I'm too bashful to say hi...that's the very first thing they teach you in stalker school! No wonder I only got a C-....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To shy to say hello? My word.