Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Melon, Meet Mallet

I have had a headache for 2 days. Which seems extra-annoying because I so rarely get headaches.

It's probably a tumour.

Yesterday, when I realized my head had been aching all morning, I thought perhaps it was a result of a caffeine-deficiency. Usually, I get my coffee around 8 am and nurse it until at least 10 am (tepid coffee is A-OK with me). Yesterday, however, for some reason, I had scarfed back my entire large (er.."grande"..) coffee within 20 minutes!

Of course, my quicker-than-normal coffee-consumption might have had something to do with the fact that I somehow spilled a large portion of it onto my (light-coloured) coat before I even reached the office. I have no idea how it happened--I didn't trip, I didn't have a sip-related/jostling mishap--I just glanced down at myself on my way into the building and became aware that I was COVERED in coffee. I'm such a tool.

Anyway, I surmised that my headache might have been due to a caffeine craving, so I grabbed a Timmy Ho-Ho's and hoped for the best...unfortunately, the pate-pounding persisted..

*sigh*

Oh, and, the Raptors got trounced last night. I don't want to talk about it. Scratch that: I will NOT talk about.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope the headache has finally ebbed and flowed out of some exodus, be it a nitrogen CRACK when you popped a joint or some effluent that came after timmy's....

if anything might make you feel ok, know i am spending a dollar a minute in an airport biz lounge to read and respond....

en regalia

Unknown said...

I used to have a coworker who spilled her coffee just by walking. We'd both get coffees with those kind of tall lids, and after walking back to the office she'd be covered in coffee and mine wouldn't have spilled at all. Maybe you have the same kind of disorder.
Also, they make tylenol with CAFFEINE IN IT now! So when you get a caffeine-deprivation headache, you can kill two birds with one stone (or pill, I guess).