Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I *Heart* Hot Sauce

I love hot sauce. It really does make everything better.

For chinese or thai food, I like the chicken hot sauce...Sriracha:

You know: The one w/the big cock on the front. :wink:

For a more tangy hot sauce, I like the green hot sauce that is made in-house and sold at one of my fave restaurants in Toronto...it's called Utopia (the restaurant) and I couldn't find a pic of the hot sauce online, but it is awesome! If I've taken you to eat there, and I didn't encourage you to try to the hot sauce, feel free to smack me next time you see me: I deserve it.

I also enjoy Cholula, from time to time, though hot sauce snobs claim it's fairly pedestrian..(perhaps I've been hoodwinked by the cute, little wooden knob on the top and the fact that I just looove saying the world "Cholula"...c'mon, say it...it's fun!)

I reeeally like "Valentina's"....it's perfect for Mexican dishes, but I put it on almost everything..I have a bottle at home in the fridge and I keep a bottle in my desk at work...

My question relates to this particular hot sauce...in the store they have a "Red" version and a "Black" version...nowhere on the bottles does it explain the difference between them...the only english writing on the bottle is the "nutrional information". I've searched online, but have come up empty-handed. Anyone know?

While searching for this info, I discovered something else: There are a surprising number of blogs out there devoted to hot sauce! Who knew?

On one of them, the guy set out to consume an ENTIRE (different) bottle of hot sauce EACH DAY!...I have to admit, it was riveting...I read several weeks worth and will probably go back for more later...it was called "The Smoking Tongue":

http://smokingtongue.blogspot.com/

I also found these...but I don't have any comments yet, as I haven't had a chance to peruse them...at a glance, I can see they all do reviews of various brands of hot sauce...an excellent resource!

http://www.hotsauceblog.com/

http://www.frommildtowild.com/blog/

http://www.sweatnspice.com/567-10.htm

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Rooster Sauce is the only one in our house!

Unknown said...

I believe that the black label is hotter.

Fancy Girl said...

Hot Sauce is the new Ketchup (catsup?)

Anonymous said...

I heard you liked to drive, so I put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive.

Whatever you do, don't.

Anonymous said...

I think when you said "I *heart* Hot Sauce" I think you spelled it wrong. I looked it up, and "I *heart* hot sauce" is actually spelled "BURNUNNNNUNNNNN". The last four Ns are silent. So are two in the middle.

RONG ANSER. JUST SPEL IT RIGT K? LOL. WHATEVER.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above two posts, and whats more... I WROTE THEM. SMALL WORLD.

Oh, please. Don't even. I just wouldn't. Don't bother. I can't. Reasonably.

One word - cherish it: Cornography.