Saturday, November 29, 2008

Woke up this mornin', got myself a gun..

OK, so I didn't really get myself a gun..and it wasn't this morning, it was last week..but anyway...

The other morning, my alarm went off, as usual, around 6:30. I hit snooze twice, maybe three times...I was just so tired! I mean, exhausted! I couldn't figure it out!

I finally hauled my ass out of bed and headed for the shower. I completed my morning ablutions with my eyes closed and half asleep (mascara goes on the chin, right?). I exited the bathroom and was perplexed--it was still pitch black outside! I mean, I know the nights are getting longer, but I couldn't fathom how the time at which the sun rises could have changed so much overnight.

The next step in my pre-work routine is to check the weather and determine my wardrobe for the day--I turned on the TV and was subsequently mortified. It seems as though, whilst setting my alarm the previous evening, I had accidentally set the time to an hour ahead.

So, I was up and ready to go and it wasn't even time for my alarm to go off. My exhaustion suddenly made sense.

I went back to bed for a catnap til it was time to leave and dreamed up various nefarious ways to circumvent the powers of all the evil alarm clocks, worldwide. My revolution will commence shortly.

No comments: