Sunday, November 23, 2008

Awesome dinner..Thai Veggie Stirfry & Rice..(Recipe Included!)

I made the greatest dinner last night..Thai Veggies & Rice. So delicious & so easy!

I suppose you could add tofu or seitan to this (or chicken or shrimp, if you were so inclined), but I like it just the way it is.

1 lb veggies (I used mushrooms, red & green bell peppers & asparagus--but I don't think it matters all that much, use what you like)
2 heads (heads?) of baby bok choy
2 jalapeno peppers
1 can lite coconut milk
5 cloves garlic (I really like garlic..I'm sure 3 would suffice..)
Fresh basil leaves (about 10), chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (I like it really it spicy--1/2 would probably work)
1 tablespoon lime juice

In blender, combine jalapenos, garlic, lemon & lime zest and coconut milk--blend until liquified.

Stir-fry veggies for a few minutes, add sauce, allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. Add chopped up basil, tamari, red pepper flakes & lime juice. Allow to simmer for a couple more minutes. Serve over cooked brown rice.

Enjoy!

No comments: