Saturday, November 01, 2008

A Perfect Fall Day

So, last night I had the great fortune of sitting courtside for the Raptors first home game of the season..which they won..in overtime. Ah, sweet. It was soooo much fun!

After the game, we went for sushi in the Annex and I tried sake for the first time--also a great experience. Smooooth has a new name: Sake.

Today, woke up late, made a great brunch, then went up to Bloor and walked around for a couple of hours shopping..both window & actual.

Purchased the first of my annual poppies from a veteran (I usually lose them within a day, and today is no exception). I know they ask for whatever you wish to donate...I gave $4, which I thought was a decent donation, but the gentlemen responded to me in a manner that was significantly less friendly than the way he interacted to the lady who bought her poppy before me...I wonder if she gave more, or if she was a relative or something?

Anyway, regardless, support our veterans & buy a poppy (or 2). :)

It was a perfect day for walking around...the perfect fall day...not a cloud in the sky, crisp & cool, but not cold...I did my best to revel in the simple abundance of the season.

I came home and concocted some sweet & sour tofu with sesame seeds for a snack...it was surprisingly tasty..though I'd alter the sauce recipe if I made it again...more vinegar, less molasses.

And the Raptors won again tonight....and they had every right to lose..2nd game in a row, on the road, only 3rd game of the season, they didn't get to their hotel until 3:30 and last night's game must have been exhausting (they can't be totally conditioned yet to that kind of grind)...but despite some lacklustre offense at times, they pulled it out. I love you Jose Calderon!! :)

Happy turn the clocks back day, everyone!

2 comments:

Mellykat said...

Glad to hear your boys won and that you had a beautiful fall day. We had a couple of those last week but those days seem to be over.

Alas, we have snow, and not even the fluffy, wet stuff we could make a snowman with. It's just dry and cold and very icy.

Time for you to blog again, please! Oh and visit www.mellykat-test.blogspot.com and let me know if you want that thing at the top on your blog?

M :)

Anonymous said...

Mail me some fall will ya.