Friday, September 14, 2007

I have developed an immunity to iocane powder.

What the hell is wrong with the top newspaper on a stack? Am I an utter fool for taking the top copy all these years?

Please, if there is something inherently wrong with the top paper, fill me in...clearly, this was an important lesson that went untaught in my household.

Of course, in my day-to-day life, if I encounter something blatantly wrong with the top copy of a paper, like a big stain or rip, something that would obviously impede my enjoyment of that particular copy, then I choose a different copy....but there are many, many people (MOST people, if my lifelong observations are an accurate reflection of this particular peculiarity) for whom taking a copy OTHER than the top copy is a NECESSITY!

Why. Whywhywhywhywhy. Please, I implore you: Give me the answer. I simply must know.

The only thing that I can fathom is that these people live life by the rules as described by Vizzini in The Princess Bride...i.e. ".... only a great fool would reach for what he was given."

Am I a great fool?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The answer is Cooties. Everyone knows the top copy of the paper or a magazine or a book has Cooties. With a capital C.

People are nuts. :)

Anonymous said...

jeethus gawdess you are truly a work of genie-us ... btw, do now put the ibogaine up the shnozz...but you probably know this...being an alkaloid it don;t belong up there...

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ibogaine/ibogaine.shtml

and puhleeze know that if i could i would sue you over your incalcitrance regarding rod the mod. tonight's the night....

anyhow, my add is something i hope you can cope with, as you are certainly one of my most fav new peeps on-line in quite a while (i think)