Thursday, December 07, 2006

*$@! You

How do you feel about people who use a lot of foul language?

It seems some people negatively judge others who regularly pepper their speech with expletives (or who seem to rely solely on derivatives thereof for their adjectives and adverbs).

Even I do it...when I hear someone who swears a lot, I think, "Is that really necessary?"


Which is fucking retarded, since I'm as big a potty-mouth as the next guy--if "the next guy" is a truck driver.

Wait--I messed that up--what I *meant* was, I'm as stinky as the next guy--if the next guy is a Merrickville farmer.

But I digress...

Anyway, my point is, that I swear a lot...exemplified by the fact that when I was in Grade 7, my dad told me (and not in a "fatherly pride" type of way) that I had "worse language than a truck driver." And my dad busted truck drivers for a living, so you can be sure he was on the receiving end of more than one expletive-laced tirade from them.


True, swearing is pretty lazy language usage--can't I come up with a more descriptive adjective than "goddamn"? Am I that unintelligent?

Is the judgement based on the fact that swearing is viewed, historically, as the language of the plebs? The vernacular of the uneducated or unsophisticated? Unabashedly uncouth?


Ah, who gives a shit....Vive la pottymouth!

Happy fucking holidays, assholes!

Love,
Julia

2 comments:

Patchoulia said...

Dear Stinky,

I can smell you from here.

Love,
Julesy

P.S. There was a woman in line in front of me at Tim Horton's today who must have been raging at about 47 gill-o-watts. Stinkorama!

Unknown said...

oh my god, gill-o-watts is my new favorite term!