Monday, December 04, 2006

The Mystery of the Pharmacy

Why do I love shopping at the pharmacy? Doesn't everyone? I think so. But why?

You can spend less than 5 minutes in a pharmacy, walk out with $50 worth of merchandise (in the tiniest bag imaginable) and be so excited about your purchases that you have to rip into the bag and examine your newly acquired toiletries/makeup/sundry pharmaeceuticals as soon as you leave the store!

I spent $175 at Shopper's Drug Mart this past weekend!

In my defense, it *was* 20X the points day, so I stocked up on a bunch of stuff..like excessive quantities of tampons, a new hairbrush, razor blades (which are inexplicably expensive--possibly to deter people from suicide?)...

A few of the other items I procured:

-brown, liquid eyeliner
-cleaning towellettes
-laundry detergent (Note: I have 1 full and 1 half-full container of laundry detergent at home. This particular purchase makes NO SENSE!)
-A new toothbrush
-24 cans of Diet Pepsi
-Shampoo for colour-treated hair (I'm getting my colour done next Saturday...I'm all about planning ahead...)
-3 pairs of socks with funny patterns on them (1 pair is covered with dogs in coats--I love dogs in coats!) and 2 pairs of plain black socks.

I clearly have a problem.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Your only "problem" is that you are a woman. :P

The typical male "problem" is similar, except it concerns a hardware store, rather than a pharmacy.

Unknown said...

it's happens to me ALL the time!!

I love your blog- it's FANTASTIC!!!

can't wait to see you again... one day!

Patchoulia said...

Dear BooBooKittyFuck,

Do I know you?

Love,
Julia

Dear Gill,

You have clearly forgotten or blocked out my compelling tale of how I became addicted to Diet Pepi..er..Pepsi...

I shall, therefore, blog about it.

Perhaps the folks over at Pepsi will reward me with some free beverages or will feature me in a future ad campaign.

Love,
Pepsi Patchoulia

Fancy Girl said...

DOGS IN COATS!!!!!