Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Toronto: Anything Goes!

Recently, a group of us from my office went out for lunch.

On our walk back, 3 of us were walking ahead and I was walking behind with my co-worker, Joel.

Suddenly, something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye…it was a naked butt…as I clasped my hands over my mouth and shockingly shouted, "Oh dear Lord!" I realized the guy was, in fact, taking a whiz into a bottle of some kind.

Joel said, "Well, when you gotta go, you gotta go.." and I couldn't even respond! It was a business district, right on Bloor street, and a guy was taking a whiz!

Then Joel said, "I've never seen that before.." and I said, "And that is your calm response??!"

In relaying the story to another co-worker, who was with us, but was in the group walking ahead of me and missed this debacle, he asked, "Was it a hobo?"

I said, "Um..well, he wasn't carrying a bandana bag on a stick, if that's what you're asking.."

He clarified, "OK, was it a disenfranchised person, then?"

I replied, "Yes, definitely."

He said, "I wish I'd seen that!"

Appalled, I responded, "No you don't!!! Are you crazy?!"

Gotta love the mean streets of Toronto.

No comments: