Friday, October 13, 2006

Ebony & Ivory: A Fashionable Tale of Harmony

There's a woman in my office who wears ONLY black and/or white clothes.

Seriously.

I'm sure it makes choosing an outfit a lot easier, but it's so boring I could puke.

I estimate that the percentage of what she wears breaks down as follows:

All Black: 65%
Black/White: 25%
All White: 10%

I've come up with several theories as to why this woman, who will henceforth be known as Oreo, would do this:

a) She's colour-blind and is terrified of making an unforgivable fashion faux pas.

b) She's quietly promoting racial diversity.


c) Conceptually, she's a stalwart opponent to "shades of grey" and is registering her opposition sartorially.

d) She's waging an internal Vader-esque battle between good and evil and this struggle is outwardly reflected in her wardrobe.

Maybe Oreo is simply trying to be different in her steadfast adherence to her Black/White colour scheme. Uniqueness in uniformity.

I need a cookie.

No comments: