Thursday, May 28, 2009

Random Musings

Let's see...

Today, on the TTC, one of the escalators was being repaired. And the repairpeople had a giant (and I mean HUGE!) "Guide to Repairing Escalators" book open beside them.


OK.

Maybe that's not what the book was actually called--I couldn't see the cover--however, it was clearly an escalator repair guide.

I'm torn--should I be disturbed that they need a book? Or should I feel reassured that they're double-checking their work?

Another TTC tidbit: I saw a pirate awaiting the subway at Sherbourne station, today.

OK.

Well, I don't know for *sure* that he was a pirate.

But he had the jaunty eyepatch!


And he looked mean.

And, while I don't know if he planned to hijack the train and steal peoples' jewels, he did have an arrrrrrrrtistocratcratic air about him...

No comments: