Tuesday, March 03, 2009

More Movie Characters from the '80s



JD, Heathers

If you remember seeing "Heathers" when it was first released, I can almost guarantee that you came out of the 80s with a huge crush on Christian Slater--regardless of your gender or your sexual preference--you had to be crushin' on JD, at least a little bit.

This was a guy who oooozed suave. He was the epitome of cool. And if you happened to be mired in the cesspool of high school in the '80s, he was a HERO!

Sure, he was a sociopath. Completely & utterly insane. But, somehow, still incredibly appealing! Even in his psychopathy! (perhaps that was part of the appeal?)

Anyway.

He didn't just *denounce* the populariate. He didn't just put down the otherwise indefatigable "popular crowd" with cleverly-crafted insults: He took them out of commission entirely. FOREVER!!

It didn't hurt that Christian Slater was dead sexy, either.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J.D.: Greetings and salutations... you a Heather?
Veronica Sawyer: No, I'm a Veronica... Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer: That knife is filthy.
J.D.: What do you think I'm going to do with it, take out her tonsils?
Veronica Sawyer: Excuse me, I think I know Heather a little bit better than you do. If she were going to slit her wrists, the knife would be spotless..

J.D.: [lying on the ground with Veronica under his jacket] I thank you. That was my first game of strip croquet...


No comments: