Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Why Some People Shouldn't Drive--Part II

Last night/early this morning a couple of inches of wet, heavy, sticky snow was dumped on Toronto--the kind of snow that slushes up the streets & sidewalks, is perfect for building snowforts/initiating snowball wars and will not simply blow off your vehicle once you get moving, you must arduously & assiduously remove it yourself.

This morning, I passed a City of Toronto police cruiser, apparently being driven by a member of the force who possesses x-ray vision--or simply doesn't give much credence to the importance of checking one's blind-spot whilst driving.

This officer's vehicle had been thoroughly cleaned off--front windshield, back window, driver's & passenger side doors--except for the back seat windows. Huh? Too friggin' lazy to spend that extra couple of minutes to ensure maximum visibility while on the road, possibly weaving in & out of rush hour traffic while speeding to the scene of a crime? Hmmmm.

Strange behaviour for someone sworn to allegedly "protect & serve."

Unless this officer does, in fact, possess x-ray vision--in that case, mea culpa. In fact, I feel bad, let me apologize in song:

Did you ever know that you're my (super) hero?
And everything I wish I could be?
I can fly higher than an eagle, because you are the all-seeing wind beneath my wings...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. No, I lie. Unlike Toronto, we have been hit with a few feet of snow just in the last few days. I have witnessed almost daily (not by our boys in blue, mind you) idiots that don’t feel the need to clear their vehicles of snow AT ALL! These are the same jerks that pass me doing 70 on streets that have not been cleared. I prefer to arrive alive, thank you. Pass me if you must, but I will get to my destination intact while you’re buried in a snow bank waiting for a tow truck wondering what the hell went wrong.

Mellykat said...

Hahahaha. I used to be guilty of this...but now I use all my power windows and clear them off!

For the most part I completely avoid getting covered in snow because my vehicle gets to park in the garage (sorry hubby!) I usually only get snow covered if it happens whilst I am parked at the office.

Generally it's been too freaking cold to snow around here anyway so my vehicle has been spiffy and clean for DAYS!

M :)