Friday, October 17, 2008

CASUAL Friday?? What the what?


OK. I know the concept of "casual Fridays" is somewhat malleable...different rules, different companies..different standards...that being said, there are certain standards that people should just abide.

For example: Today, I was walking between the 2 buildings that make up my office complex, and I was hurrying and not paying great attention to much, because I was in such a hurry, and I passed by a group of women, to whom I would normally have paid no attention whatsoever, and my brain forced me to notice the fact that one of these business women was sporting a turquoise, velour, track suit.

Yep. You read that right. Turquoise. Velour. Track Suit. At work.

Unless this woman is some kind of undercover pimp, this is not appropriate work attire!

And what pimp is up and working at 9 am? I mean, sure, if they're collecting on tabs owed, beatin' down on a 'ho or two, OK, but, as IF! She had no gold chains, nothin'! Maybe she's pimpin' to my company's employees..if so..cool...you go girl...but..please..retire the track suit..it ain't pretty...

I'm not working at a retirement community, I'm not a friend of the pimps, I should not have to deal with folks in semi-purple velour track suits!
Note: The above image is a simulation and should not be interpreted as the ACTUAL woman I saw at my office.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

BAHAHA. That is taking casual Friday to an unacceptable level. UN-Acceptable!

Anonymous said...

Hey this is my work attire...hmmm time for a makeover!