Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Tragic Tale of the Mole on My Neck (RIP)

I have..er..HAD..this mole on my neck.

It fell off.

Yup--fell off.

I'm not sure if I should be alarmed by this or not. On one hand, people pay good money for cosmetic mole removal. On the other hand, I shudder to think this could be a harbinger of things to come..such as other body parts or appendages falling off.

The funny thing about this particular mole was that I had a mole in that location my entire life. A teeny, tiny floppy one--that got ripped off in an amateur wrestling match* with a guy in my residence in first year university.

Then it grew back..and kept growing..I had a dermatologist look at it a couple of years ago because it concerned me (he assured me it wasn't skin cancer).

Me and the new, rapidly growing mole peacefully co-existed until its recent, unceremonious abandonment of my neck.

RIP Martha Mole, 1992-2006

------------------------

*Not a cleverly veiled euphemism for anything illicit. I think it was an argument over the TV remote that got out of hand.


This post reprinted, with permission of the author (me), from jambands.ca.

3 comments:

Matt said...

My condolences. When is the burial ceremony?

Patchoulia said...

She was very UNCEREMONIOUSLY deposited in the trashcan in my bathroom..I hope she's not growing again and out for some kind of vengeance!

Matt said...

Hmmmm just be careful about what kind of radioactive material or biohazardous waste you choose to dispose of in your bathroom trashcan. Just imagine what might result if a spider ate your irradiated and chemically altered mole!